Why vacation at Costa Rica Properties?
Because there is not a better option, especially if you are traveling with your family. Where else, but in a Costa Rica all-inclusive resort, can you find all of the following?
* Beautiful beaches
* Water sports and swimming
* Extravagant pools with poolside bars
* Family fun and activities
* Kids’ programs
* Teen clubs
* All meals
* All drinks
* Grown-up pampering, such as spa, fine dining, etc.
But there are so many Costa Rica property all-inclusive resorts out there and in so many destinations. How do you choose which one is right for you?
It is not going to be easy. Given the dollar cost and the emotional investment you would have to make in a family vacation, it is made even more difficult. The stakes are certainly high and expectations, even higher.
Below are a few things you need to know about Costa Rica all-inclusive resorts:
Not EVERYTHING is All-Included
Yes, it’s sad but true. While most Costa Rica all-inclusive resorts include a lot of resort features and facilities, it is not quite everything. To put it differently, a Costa Rica all-inclusive resort would include all meals and snacks, drinks, kids’ programs, but only certain water sports and other activities. Some Costa Rica all-inclusive resorts may include some perks not found in other all-inclusive. However, this is more of an exception than the rule.
Also, take note of the following:
* Included water sports are generally “non-motorized” water sports, such as kayaks, windsurfers, aqua-trikes, etc. On the other hand, “motorized” water sports are going to cost you extra.
* Most Costa Rica all-inclusive offer snorkeling gear for free. However, this is often only for an hour of use. If you go beyond one hour, you may have to pay for the extension period. Also, snorkeling boat trips generally cost extra.
* Scuba diving is generally extra.
* Spas are always extra.
* If you decide to go on an outing off-property, it will generally cost you extra. However, the shuttle bus that will take you to town will probably be offered for free.
* It’s not only Costa Rica all-inclusive resorts that offer plans that include meals and/or drinks. Some non-inclusive plans may offer almost the same features as an all-inclusive.
* Tipping is generally a no-no but it is a common enough practice in some Costa Rica all-inclusive properties.
A Costa Rica all-inclusive resort is never the same without some sort of kids’ club. Many of these are of the “friendly little club” type, usually composed of one or two rooms with toys and TV and maybe some video games. This is perfect for ages 4 to 12. On the other hand, for older children, there are also Costa Rica all-inclusive resorts that offer multiple program types with different places and programs for different ages.